Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wednesday, July 8 - Lichi fruit

One more post today . . . I wanted to post some pictures of the lichi fruit that Helen gave us yesterday.  It's a reddish colored tropical fruit that has a hard, spiny skin that you peel.  Inside, the fruit is a light yellow color and sort of the texture of a large peeled grape, but it has a smooth pit in the middle.  It's really sweet and I like it, but the flavor reminds Jeff of a melon and he doesn't like melons, so he's not a big fan of the lichi.  We figured it was okay to eat since you have to peel it first so it shouldn't make us sick.  So far it's been 24 hours and we're all still fine, so I guess it was safe!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo....you discovered one of my addictions! My family in Hawaii had a tree and we LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete