Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Photos

I said I was going to post some photos from the 5k that we participated in on Saturday, so here are a few.  I know some of them are sideways, but I had a difficult enough time trying to get these things downloaded and then uploaded onto Blogger, so I'm tired of fiddling with them . . . I guess people will just have to tilt their heads to see the sideways ones!  Here's a photo of TongJie and me before the race:


And here's the start of the race:


Here is TongJie with his 1st place trophy:



And Jeff with his 2nd place ribbon:


TongJie with Jeff's ribbon:



Sorry about the photos that are sideways!  And speaking of photos . . . yesterday morning we got to have family portraits taken by the talented Jeanene Michelsen who happens to be a friend of ours and also a wonderful photographer.  We had a great time, and she did such a good job capturing TongJie's sweet little personality while he thought he was just walking around and playing the whole time.  Jeff and I highly recommend Jeanene for anyone who's looking for family portraits, wedding/engagement photos, or senior photos - she's great!  Here are just a couple of the many pictures that Jeanene captured yesterday:




There's a group of women at our church called the "Knit Wits" who knit projects to give to people in need (like hats, mittens, and blankets), and also blankets to give to new babies in the church.  They presented us with a beautifully knitted panda blanket before we went to China as a gift to TongJie and I finally got a couple of pictures of him with his panda blanket today.



2 comments:

  1. Haha! I'm cracking up at that red ribbon! When you said they gave you a ribbon I assumed it was at least one of those nice fluffy big ones! LOL! Congrats anyway! You all did great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That panda blanket is beautiful! I think a lot of love and WORK (!) went into making that for TongJie! Thank you Knit Wits!

    ReplyDelete